Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas, Age 8

This year my daughter gave me the best Christmas present on earth. You might be surprised to learn the gift was a simple piece of paper. It was simple in its form, yet to me it was a work of art. This paper gave me a glimpse of how an eight-year-old views Christmas.

On lined notebook paper she drew Jesus (picture a man with a beard and pink slippers) and herself (complete with fancy beaded braids in her hair). There was a church and a cross (which is interesting since our church meets in a school). There was also an acronym for JESUS CHRIST.

Just amazing!
loves Everyone!
Special
so not Useless
not Surprisingly awesome!

I love Jesus Christ
Heavinly (heavenly)
Righteousness
lets everyone go In heavin (heaven)
Soooooo thankful I have him!
I love to go To Church!

She said she wanted me to know that she understood Christmas is about more than just presents. (However, I didn't see her turn down any gifts when we celebrated our family Christmas early!)

Thank you, sweet girl, for reminding me how amazing, awesome, righteous and special Jesus is. He truly does love everyone and wants every single person on earth to go to heaven. I, like you, are so thankful I have Him!

A special college-rule sheet of notebook paper will be the gift I remember from this Christmas (although the pink flamingo necklace she bought me at school was a close second)!

Scripture: John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him."

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for sending Your only Son to earth. You sacrificed your Son so that we may have the opportunity for eternally life through Jesus. Thank you for the best present we could ever receive: the gift of Your Son. He is awesome, amazing, special and righteous!

1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouth of babes....love it when something like this tells us 'they get it!' (and a reminder in the midst of the hustle and bustle that we, too, should stop to remember the priceless gift and sacrifice of Jesus.) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete