Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wake up to Tomorrow

The other day my third grade daughter came home from school crying. Her bad day got even worse when she made poor choices at home and I sent to her room without an after school snack. I told her she could come out of her room when she was ready to have a good attitude. When she didn’t come out for quite a while, I decided to check on her.

I opened her bedroom door noticed her room was dark. As my eyes searched for her in the darkness, I finally found her laying under her the covers in her bed. I slowly crawled under the covers with her and asked her what was wrong. She replied, “I just want to go to sleep and wake up tomorrow when it’s a new day.”

Amen sister!

I can relate, can you? I’ve had days when all I wanted to do is lay in bed under the covers, fall asleep and wake up tomorrow.

Maybe Jeremiah felt the same way. In Lamentations, he says that every day can have a new beginning, which makes me think he also had days when he wanted to crawl under the covers and hide out until morning!

He says, “Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness.”

Amen brother!

Scripture: Lamentations 3:21-26

*For an extra boost, repeat these verses out loud and claim them as your own. Speaking the words out loud helps to brand them on our hearts and gives them power in our lives. Each time you speak these verses, emphasize different words and phrases and they will give you a vision for God’s love, compassion and hope.

Prayer: Lord, thank you that our hope is in You and not in the things of this world. Your compassions are new every morning, Great is Your faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment